- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
We have been using radiowave technology in our surgical suite for over twenty years now! This gives us the ability to offer your pet shorter anesthesia and post-surgical healing times. In fact, some procedures may require only a local anesthetic. Many clinics are now advertising laser surgery as the latest technique, in fact, many human surgeons are abandoning laser surgery in favor of this technology. Another plus, we don't charge extra to compensate for the high cost of owning a laser!
RADIOWAVE SURGERY IS SAFE
- No contact is needed between the neutral plate and the patient, eliminating the possibility of burns or shocks.
- There is no risk of accidentally burning other areas of tissue through reflection or penetration of a light beam (as with laser).
- Radiowave surgery provides a tactile, but pressureless, incision which allows the doctor to sense what he is cutting.
- Radiofrequency energy is low-temperature, minimizing the occurrence of tissue necrosis and burning. (less heat than with laser)
THERE ARE GREAT BENEFITS FROM RADIOWAVE SURGERY
DECREASED POST-OPERATIVE PAIN
Radiowave surgery seals nerve endings as it cuts
DECREASED POST-SURGICAL EDEMA (SWELLING)
Low-temperature = less tissue destruction
LESS BLOOD LOSS
The radiowaves close off blood vessels and nerve endings as they cut
REDUCED RISK OF INFECTION
Radiowaves vaporize bacteria, preventing infectious agents from being seeded along the length of the incision
With less tissue destruction, healing is hastened and your pet will recover more quickly
SAFER THAN LASER SURGERY
There are no safety hazards involved with radiowave technology
NO BURNING OR CHARRING OF THE TISSUE
Radiowave surgery does not burn the tissue, unlike laser or high-temperature electrosurgery.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A RF micro fiber tip becomes energized by the radiowaves but does not become hot. The ultra high frequency radiowaves provide specific and delicate tissue interaction. This results in a focused cutting and coagulating effect, which disintegrates and volatilizes single cells minimizing the amount of tissue destruction. Healing is rapid and painless with formation of a supple tissue identical to surrounding normal tissue.